Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Just Eating Better- Simplemente Comiendo Mejor

(Español Hacia Abajo)

Hello anyone that wants to read this! This is my story and my weightloss journey. I was 160LBS, size 14, and finally sick of being fat. It took me a while to get there, but I was finally unhappy. I am not a doctor or anything, but some of my Facebook friends asked what my secret was when they saw my photo to the right. So I decided the best and easiest way for me to share what I've been eating and such. I will also be translating this for my family who speak Spanish. :) 

So anyone who knows me knows that I don't cook. At least, that was true until a month and a half ago. It always seemed so time consuming, and it was faster to pick up fast food. When I lived with my mom, she cooked. I went about 7 years of being married without cooking anything more than eggs once in a while. With a diet of soda, fast food and sweets, I went from 120lbs at age 18 to 160lbs by age 26. A month and a half ago I was sick of all of it. Sick of not feeling in control and sick of feeling like everything I ate made me fatter. I was more sick of eating to make myself feel better about what I was eating. 

But I know myself, I had gone on diets before. 1 week diets, 2 week diets, eat this only diets...... they worked and then I would go back to fast food and wouldn't you know it, the pounds came back. So I decided to start by changing my attitude and not call it a diet. I was very inspired by an episode of Good Eats called "Live and Let Diet" And very much inspired by his 4 lists. 







 I'm not perfect, but I have been trying to follow his list to the best of my abilities. I admit both I and my husband are picky eaters. I don't know why but if I hide the vegetables from being plainly put on the plate, it's easier for us to gobble the meal up. We are also expanding our taste palate and eating things we would have not eaten a month and a half ago...... kale, spinach, broccoli and leeks, oh my! So I am not ready to fully embrace all on the list, but we are getting there! 

So thank you for reading my first blog post! I am looking forward to posting what I eat daily and links to where I got those recipes from, because I am still learning!!!


Follow me on Instagram: MRSDAISYCOLLINS




Hola a quien sea que este leiendo esto! (Perdon que mi español no sea perfecto!!) Esta es mi historia y mi viaje de perder peso. Pesaba 160lbs, mis pantalones eran medida 14, y finalmente estaba fastidiada con estar gorda. Me tomo un buen rato a llegar ayi pero finalmente esta infeliz. No soy doctor pero algunos de mis amigos de Facebook me preguntaron que era mi secreto  cuando vieron mi foto ala derecha. Decidi que la manera mas facil de compartir lo que e estado comiendo. Mi blog sera en ingles y es español.

Cualquier que me conosca sabe que yo no cocino. Al menos hace un mes y medio no cocinaba. Me parecia mucho trabajo y era mas facil comprar comida rapida. Cuando vivia com mi mama, ella cocinaba. Pase 7 años de estar casada sin cosinar nada mas que huevos de vez en cuando. Con una dieta de soda, comida rapida y postres, fui de 120 libras a edad 18 a 160 a edad 26. Haze un mes y medio finalmente esta fastidiada de no sentirme en control y esta enfadada de sentir que todo lo que comia me engordaba. Mas estaba enfadada de comer para sentir me mejor de lo que estaba comiendo.

Yo me conosco, y me e puesto en dieta antes. Dieta de una semana, dieta de dos semanas, dieta de solo comer una cosa........ sirvieron pero luego yo regrese a mi dieta de comida rapida y que sabras..... las libras se regresaron. Esta vez decidi empezar por cambiar mi actitud de no llamarle una dieta. Me inspiro un episodio del show Good Eats llamado "Live and Let Diet" Y me inspiro mas sus 4 listas.





No soy perfecta, pero e estado trantando de seguir sus pasos y sus consejos lo mas que yo pueda. Pero voy a admitir que yo y mi esposo somos muy exigentes de lo que comimos. No se porque pero si nos escondo los vegetales y no se ven en el plato, es mas facil para que nosotros comamos la comida. Pero nuestro paladar ha crecido desde hace un mes y medio...... col rizada, espinaca, brocoli y puerros son algunos sabores nuevos que hemos descubierto. No estoy lista para adoptar todo lo que esta en la listas del show, pero estamos trabajando para llegar alli!

Gracis por leer mi primer entrada en mi blog. Estoy ansiosa de compartir con ustedes de lo que como cada dia y de compartir las recetas y links con video por que yo estoy apenas aprendiendo!!

Sigueme en Instagram: MRSDAISYCOLLINS

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your journey Daisy! Keep up the great work! Hugs and Aloha, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TY Linda!! I so appreciate your comment and support!! Hugs!!

      Delete