Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Breakfast Smoothies- Licuado de Desayunos

(Español Abajo)

Hello! Thanks for reading my blog! So the easiest thing for me to start doing was making smoothies. I got myself a blender and all the ingredients you see above. I typically aim at making my smoothies 16oz, but I don't really measure everything out all the time, so sometimes its 20oz.  I'm sure that there's other fruits, other veggies, other proteins, other sweeteners you could use, what is in blue is just what I like to use. (UPDATE 1/1/15: I now make the smoothies 24oz to feel fuller for longer.)


My "compost" for the week
The easiest way I have found to assemble my smoothie is to make what I call a "compost." Which just means I wait until apples, pears (forgot to list them above), carrots, celery, cabbage and beets are sale and then I will buy them by the bulk, puree them and then freeze them in bags. I keep a medium sized plastic container and include apples, pears, celery, cabbage, beet and carrot purees all together. I put in 4 spoonfuls of this per smoothie each morning. This "compost" container usually lasts me about a week in the fridge.


Frozen Apple, Pear and Beet Purees

Another tip, I also buy bananas in bulk and freeze them individually without peel before putting them all in big ziplocks. I use frozen blueberries and strawberries in my smoothies. 

It was my mothers recommendation that I add 2 tablespoons of ground flax seeds per cup to my smoothies. She OMG loves flax seeds. Flax seeds are a good source of protein and it will help your digestive system as well as making you feel fuller. There are other protein powders that you could use, but I prefer the more natural route than chemical fillers and ingredients I cannot pronounce. I purchase them at my local grocery store and then ground them myself in my smoothie blender. 

Again, I have to hide the vegetables from myself and my husband. Essentially this is a green smoothie. But if I gave my husband a green smoothie, he would freak out. So the berries in addition to adding antioxidants and cancer fighting abilities add a purple hue that tells my hubby its going to be delicious! I recently added beets to our smoothies, making the smoothie look even more purple! Beets help purify your blood and are good for your liver!

There are so many benefits to using Coconut palm sugar, which is a recent discovery of mine, to read about it click here. All I know is I like the taste, the price isn't the worst and it is available at Trader Joes! I recently gave a bag to my diabetic grandmother as it is supposed to not spike their sugar levels!

(NEW UPDATE 1/1/2015)


Ingredients for "Compost"- (Just add all into a big ol' container for the week)
1 quart bag of pureed beets
1 quart bag of pureed carrots
1 quart bag of pureed celery
1 quart bag of pureed cabbage
1 quart bag of pureed apples
1 quart bag of pureed pears

Ingredients for Breakfast/Lunch Substitute
Makes 1 - 24 oz cups
6 spoonfuls of "compost" 
2 tablespoons of ground flax seed
1 cup of spinach
1 cup of kale
a dash of coconut sugar
1/4 cup of frozen blueberries
1/4 cup of frozen strawberries
1 full banana
Half a cup of alternative 0% SUGAR milk of your choice: soy, hemp, almond, coconut, rice..... etc.
Water to fill up to about 20oz line on my blender

Thank you for reading my blog post! Please come back for more, I will be writing about what I eat daily!


Follow me on Instagram: MRSDAISYCOLLINS







 Licuado de Desayunos                        

Hola! Gracias por leer mi blog! La manera mas facil para empezar a comer mejor para mi fue licuados de desayuno. Me compre una licuadora y lo que vez arriba en azul. Normalmente trato de hazer el licuado de 16 oz pero avezes se me pasa la mano y salen de 20 oz. Estoy segura que hay otras frutas, otros vegetales, otras proteinas o otros tipos de azucar que te gustaran usar, lo que esta en azul es lo que es mas facil para que lo use yo. Tienes que encontrar lo (natural) que te gusten a ti! (Acutalizado 1/1/15: Ahora hago el liquado de 24oz para sentirme mas llena por mas tiempo.


Mi "compost" de la semana

La manera mas facil que yo encontre para ensamblar mi licuados es hacer lo que yo llamo un "compost" Esto significa que espero que las manzanas, peras (se me olvido ponerlas en la foto), apio, repollo, zanahorias y betabel esten en especial. Cuando las compro por mayoreo lo meto en el processador de comida y hago pure, lo meto en bolsas y lo meto en la congelador. En un contenido mediano de plastico hecho partes iguales de pure de manzanas, peras, apio, repollo y betabel y lo revuelto. Por cada vaso de licuado le hecho 4 cucharadas de este "compost" cada mañana. Este contenido me dura una semana. 


Pure de manzana, pera y betabel
Otro tip, compro mis banans por mayoreo tambien y lo pongo en el congelador separados sin cascara antes de hecharlos todos juntos en una bolsa grande. Uso arandanos y fresas que compro conjeladas.

Por la recomendacion de mi mama le hecho 2 cucharadas de linasa molida por cada vaso de licuado. O como le gusta la linasa a mi mama. Linasa es una buena fuente de proteina, te ayudara com tu sistema de digestion y tambien te va hacer sentir mas lleno. Ay otras fuentes de proteina pero yo prefiero una fuente natural a una alternativa llena de quimicos y ingredientes que yo no puedo pronunciar. Compre una bolsa de semilla de linasa y lo moli en mi licuadora o procesador de comida.

Otra vez dire que tengo que esconder los vegetales de mi misma y mi esposo. Esencialmente este licuado es de lo que llaman "licuado verde" pero si lo ve asi mi esposo no se lo toma. Le hecho arandanos y fresas por que  tienen propiedades antioxidantes y la habilidad de peliar contra el cancer y tambien porque le dan un color morado al licuado que le dicen a mi esposo que va saber rico! Ulteriormente le empeze a hechar betabel y le da un color mas intenso de morado! El betabel es purificador de sangre y es muy bueno para tu higado!

Hay tantos beneficios del uso de la azucar de coco, la qual es un recien descubrimiento mio. Para leer mas hagan click aqui. Todo lo que se yo es que me gusta el sabor, el precio no es el peor y lo tienen en la tienda Trader Joes. Le di una bolsa recientemente a mi abuela que tiene diabetes por que no te haze subir de azucar de la sangre!

(Actualizado 1/1/15)


Ingredientes para el "composte" (Hecha todo en un contenedor grande para la semana)
1 bolsa de cuartos de pure de betabel
1 bolsa de cuartos de pure de zanahoria
1 bolsa de cuartos de pure de apio
1 bolsa de cuartos de pure de repollo
1 bolsa de cuartos de pure de manzanas
1 bolsa de cuartos de pure de peras

Ingredientes para el substituto de Desayuno/Lonche
Haze un vaso de 24oz

6 cucharadas del "composte"
2 cucharadas de linasa molida
1 copa de espinaca
1 copa de col rizado
una pizca de azucar de coco
1/4 copa de arandanos congelados
1/4 copa de fresas congeladas
1 banana completa
Media copa de leche alternativa de tu gusto con 0% DE AZUCAR: soya, canamo, almendra, coco, arroz.... etc.

Gracias por leer mi blog! Por favor regresen!


Siganme en Instagram: MRSDAISYCOLLINS



No comments:

Post a Comment